NewNew for 2014: New to the Hubba family, the MSR® Papa Hubba NX 4-person backpacking tent offers maximum livability for four in a tent that’s light enough to take into the backcountry. The tent weighs just 2.67 kg / 5 lb 15 oz—less than .7 kg / 1 lb 9 oz per person—and packs up smaller than most 2-person tents. Whether your group needs to break up your Half Dome hike with an overnight stay in Yosemite, or you’re planning a family camping trip in the backwoods, the 3-season, freestanding Papa Hubba tent offers plenty of room and livable comfort for all. Inside and out, the tent is engineered for performance, from the large side windows you can sit next to comfortably, to the optimized, symmetrical frame geometry that protects from side winds.
View full list of features
- Ultralight: Minimum weight is 2.67 kg / 5 lb 15 oz; Fast & Light® option is 2.11 kg / 4 lb 11 oz.
- Maximum Space: Head and elbow room throughout tent; two large side-entry vestibules to store gear.
- Livable: Two large StayDry doors door with built-in rain gutters; adaptable, cross-ventilating rainfly.
- Easy Setup & Packing: Unified hub-and-pole system with color-coded clips; ultra-compact compression stuff sack.
- Optimized symmetrical geometry and non-tapered floor
- Large, easy-entry D-shaped StayDry door and vestibule
- Side entry zipper orientation
- Rainfly kickstand vent
- Adjustable rainfly (roll-up vestibule & stargazer view)
- Light gray rainfly color (neutral light)
- Adjustable integrated stake-out loops
- Lightweight reflective guy-outs
- Durable high-tenacity nylon fabrics
- Reinforced Infinity bar tacks and lap-felled seams
- Durashield-coated rainfly and bathtub-style floor
- Compression stuff sack with pull handle
- Freestanding Fast & Light® setup options allow you to set up tent with rainfly only for ultra-minimalist trips.
- Side entry zipper orientation allows vestibule door to hang out of your way for unrestricted access.
- Large StayDry door features built-in rain gutter and waterpoof taped seams for reliable weather protection.
- Kickstand vent in rainfly aligns with mesh window to provide fresh air and minimize condensation, keeping interior dry and comfortable.
- Ultra-compact, side-loading compression stuff sack can also be folded inward and secured with compression straps to fit optimally in your backpack.
Made in Taiwan