RedesignedRedesigned for 2014: Newly redesigned, the best-selling, freestanding 3-person backpacking tent has reinvented lightweight livability for three. Weighing in at just 2 kg / 4 lb 7 oz—a full .88 kg / 1 lb 15 oz lighter than before—the MSR® Mutha Hubba NX tent is the ideal tent for a minimalist trio backpacking deep into the Sierras in the heat of summer, or tackling the Appalachian Trail for an extended trip in the spring. The easy-to-assemble 3-person tent features a unified, symmetrical frame and non-tapered floor to maximize space, two easy setup options, plenty of head and elbow room throughout, and the most livable accommodations for 3-season conditions.
View full list of features
- Ultralight: Minimum weight is 2 kg / 4 lb 7 oz; Fast & Light® option is just 1.46 kg / 3 lb 4 oz.
- Maximum Space: Head and elbow room throughout tent; two large side-entry vestibules to store gear.
- Livable: Two large StayDry doors door with built-in rain gutters; adaptable, cross-ventilating rainfly.
- Easy Setup & Packing: Unified hub-and-pole system with color-coded clips; ultra-compact compression stuff sack.
- Optimized symmetrical geometry and non-tapered floor
- Large, easy-entry D-shaped StayDry door and vestibule
- Side entry zipper orientation
- Rainfly kickstand vent
- Adjustable rainfly (roll-up vestibule & stargazer view)
- Light gray rainfly color (neutral light)
- Adjustable integrated stake-out loops
- Lightweight reflective guy-outs
- Durable high-tenacity nylon fabrics
- Reinforced Infinity bar tacks and lap-felled seams
- Durashield-coated rainfly and bathtub-style floor
- Compression stuff sack with pull handle
- Freestanding Fast & Light® setup options allow you to set up tent with rainfly only for ultra-minimalist trips.
- Side entry zipper orientation allows vestibule door to hang out of your way for unrestricted access.
- Large StayDry door features built-in rain gutter and waterpoof taped seams for reliable weather protection.
- Kickstand vent in rainfly aligns with mesh window to provide fresh air and minimize condensation, keeping interior dry and comfortable.
- Ultra-compact, side-loading compression stuff sack can also be folded inward and secured with compression straps to fit optimally in your backpack.
Made in Taiwan