RedesignedNew: Available now for limited early release, available worldwide January 2014.
Now a full .17 kg (6 oz) lighter, the best-selling, freestanding MSR Hubba NX tent has been reinvented as the most livable, ultralight solo backpacking tent available. Expertly engineered for 3-season camping, the lightweight, compact tent won’t slow you down, whether you’re striking out early to earn solo views along a popular route, or finding your stride on a 10-day trek into the Alaskan wilderness. The tent’s optimized, symmetrical geometry and non-tapered floor maximize space—because you didn’t head out into the backcountry to feel constrained—while other precision-engineered features, from the StayDry door to the adaptable, cross-ventilating rainfly, make the tent so livable, you won’t want to come home.
View full list of features
- Ultralight: Minimum weight is 1.12 kg / 2 lb 7 oz; two Fast & Light® options from .73 kg / 1 lb 10 oz.
- Maximum Space: Head and elbow room throughout tent; large side entry vestibule to store gear.
- Livable: Large StayDry door with built-in rain gutter; adaptable, cross-ventilating rainfly.
- Easy Setup & Packing: Unified hub-and-pole system with color-coded clips; ultra-compact compression stuff sack.
- Optimized symmetrical geometry and non-tapered floor
- Large, easy-entry D-shaped StayDry door and vestibule
- Side entry zipper orientation
- Rainfly kickstand vent
- Adjustable rainfly (roll-up vestibule & stargazer view)
- Light gray rainfly color (neutral light)
- Adjustable integrated stake-out loops
- Lightweight reflective guy-outs
- Durable high-tenacity nylon fabrics
- Reinforced Infinity bar tacks and lap-felled seams
- Durashield-coated rainfly and bathtub-style floor
- Compression stuff sack with pull handle
- Freestanding Fast & Light® setup options allow you to set up tent with rainfly only for ultra-minimalist trips. Tent can be setup with or without optional footprint (sold separately).
- Side entry zipper orientation allows vestibule door to hang out of your way for unrestricted access.
- Large StayDry door features built-in rain gutter and waterpoof taped seams for reliable weather protection.
- Kickstand vent in rainfly aligns with mesh window to provide fresh air and minimize condensation, keeping interior dry and comfortable.
- Ultra-compact, side-loading compression stuff sack can also be folded inward and secured with compression straps to fit optimally in your backpack.
Made in Taiwan