No word better distills the essence of who we are and how we operate. In our commitment to deliver exceptional service, we strive to provide the highest quality products, stand behind them with unrivaled support and to do all of it while adhering to a code of responsibility that considers our operation's impact today, and for generations of outdoor enthusiasts to come.
Letters and emails from our satisfied customers.
The best way to deliver outstanding service is by manufacturing meaningful and lasting products. We ensure quality in our manufacturing with extensive testing—both in-house and through the feedback of our staff and professionals in the field. Building the majority of what we make in-house and using local suppliers (Seattle, U.S.A. and Midleton, Ireland) also allows us a level of scrutiny and on-the-spot problem solving that results in an unmatched assurance of quality.
Once our products reach your hands, you’ll find you’ve purchased more than just confidence inspiring quality. Should you ever need them, we maintain a knowledgeable staff of outdoor enthusiasts to provide support and administer a worldwide warranty and repair program that’s second to none. This service in line with our philosophy of reducing the wasteful use of resources by manufacturing and selling products that last and are serviceable should they be damaged.
Pristine wilderness, clean air, water—all are critical not only to our survival as an outdoor manufacturer, but also survival as a species. In addition, we know that we have the opportunity to show that you can be successful in business by adhering to a high ethical standard that holds our employees the environment and our balance sheet on equal terms. Here are some examples:
- Domestic production provides hundreds of jobs in Seattle, U.S.A. and Midleton, Ireland and also minimizes the inefficiency of shipping products around the world, only to ship them out again.
- Should we find off-shore production necessary, we employ third-party auditors to ensure that labor practices and working conditions are fair and reasonable.
- We’ve used recycled papers and soy-inks whenever possible.
- Lean manufacturing principles allow us to minimize waste and re-appropriate materials whenever possible to extend their lifespan.
- We support a wide range of conservation organizations to be on the front lines defending the world’s priceless recreation areas and open spaces for future generations.
These three principles encapsulate our goal to incorporate service into everything we do. It’s a philosophy that has proven successful for over 40 years and we see no reason to believe that it will not be even more successful in the future.